Back End Developer
Flexys is looking for a talented Software Developer with skills in Scala or Java.
We are expanding our engineering team as we further develop our digital engagement platform, applying machine learning and other AI techniques through Agile approaches. This is a back end oriented position, working primarily in Scala or Java on systems with an event sourcing architecture.
We strongly value creativity, learning and excellent quality work. We continuously improve our functional programming techniques. Importantly, we expect our technical people to understand how our clients use our software and how their businesses operate.
We’re always open to new ideas and you can influence where we go and how we get there. At all times, you’ll have a lot of freedom in design, technology choice and influence over the platform architecture.
As part of upcoming integration projects, you will be connecting external REST APIs and RDBMSs with our event-based systems using Kafka.
We’re looking for
- solid programming skills in Scala or Java
- a clear desire to learn and improve
- familiarity with the principles of Agile, TDD and continuous delivery
- enthusiasm and informed opinions about modern software engineering practice
- familiarity with event sourcing would be a bonus
Scala | Kafka | Docker | Kubernetes | Linux | JVM and more
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Work from home option
- 30 days holiday
- Medical and life cover
- Contributory pension
- Annual training and development contribution
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com for an informal discussion on the role.
We are not seeking help from recruitment agencies at this time, thank you.